akam1k3 presents: "StianSicky's OLD vs NEW" #3

Photobucket

OLD vs NEW #3:
We on the third round now, and for this round I wanted to compare one of my favourite tunes from one of my favourite rappers against an up and coming filipino's remake(whats good Mike?). Our oldschool contender today is Common Sense aka Common who is relevant with his new book ''One Day it'll all make sense''. His discography speaks for itself. The track I've picked out is a DJ Premier classic featuring Bilal from the Soulquarians, ''The 6TH Sense'' from the masterpiece ''Like water for chocolate''. The newschool contender's name is ''Kixxie Siete'', a pretty unknown name from the ''Yacht Klub''. I recently discovered him, and he's pretty talented.



VS



Conclusion:

This one is a easy pick, it got to be Common for the win. I heard Common's track for about six years ago, and it's still as relevant and meaningful today as it was for six years ago. Maybe even more important for me today. But, Kixxie doesn't make any shame of the beat. He got a good flow, in some parts of the song very bright wordplay and some very dope lines. I got faith in him, he's not a toy pretending to be something and he's distinctive. Common on the other hand, got some ''beyond your head''-lines, which you really got to hear two times and think about. He's just that kind of rapper, I've seen him outsmart rappers again and again. He has made some of the best music the last eleven years, and I can't wait to hear the new album ''The dreamer, and the believer''.

What do you think!?

Photo: Hanna Olsen